In this issue...
Mitchell Anderson '83
April 2000 Reunion »
What I Am
April Reunion 2000
Over fifty alumnae/i and partners traveled back to campus the weekend of
April 14 - 16, 2000 for the third BiGALA reunion. The weather was perfect
and the weekend was a great kick-off to the BGLTU's Queer Pride Days.
Members of the BiGALA Executive Committee, the BGLTU, Wendy Hopkins and
Becky Logue in the Alumni Office bent over backwards to make it a truly
memorable weekend! Highlights included:
- An Opening Reception at Mass MoCA on Friday evening. The private tour
and reception at Mass MoCA, one of New England's most exciting new
museums, was followed by the chance to meet Stephen Collingsworth, new
Coordinator for LGBT Concerns, and past BiGALA Summer Interns. Photos from the reception.
- An Exhilarating Hike up Pine Cobble on Saturday morning with BiGALA
Board members and outdoor enthusiasts Brian Carpenter '86 and Susan
Paulson '88. Photo from the hike.
- A Lunch Forum on Being Out in the Big World with alumnae/i sharing
with students their life experiences outside the Purple Valley. Photos from the forum.
- A Gay and Lesbian Parenting Panel with Linda Davis '80 and Professor
Jana Sawicki and their partners discussing their experiences starting a
- A Women's Reception in Stetson Lounge with Jana Sawicki, Professor of
Philosophy and Women's Studies, and Nancy Roseman, new dean of the
- Cocktails and the Alumnae/i, Faculty and Student Dinner on Saturday
evening in Dodd Dining Hall (complete with linens, candles and a menu far
nicer than the standard cafeteria fare). During dessert, Eddie Murphy '99
performed his own brand of acoustic styling in Dodd Living Room.
- A talk with Mitchell Anderson '83, and screening of Relax... It's Just
Sex, his latest picture, our keynote event of the weekend.
- The weekend wrapped up on Sunday morning with an Ecumenical Forum in
Thompson Chapel led by Michael Gross '93 (see text
of his address).
Back To Top
Please share it! Send us fabulous stories about your
across the country, your best gossip about who was seen where doing
and photographs of your commitment ceremony, big parties, and new
to your family for the next newsletter. You can either submit
your news using our online form, or email it